Google

Listen Live to Howard Stern Here

Hey Now ! Please RT & Share ( WebSite ) w/ your friends !
Share Share Share

If you had to pick one Wack-packer to leave the show who would you choose ?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Medicated Pete visits howard stern

PETE’S PSYCHOTIC BREAK








Pete said he also had to leave his job as a gym receptionist due to a kind of breakdown: “I had to get my meds adjusted because I was getting kind of--I was getting kind of panicky because of my Tourrette’s.” He had difficulty explaining what he meant by panicky: “Like an intense--like a real state of panic. It’s just like, yeah, I sorta--I started shaking and stuff like that.”

Howard noticed that Pete was repeatedly shaking his leg and asked if it was a result of his breakdown: “Is that a new tic?” Pete said it was a coping exercise: “Yeah, it’s something I had to do.” Pete later admitted his coping habits weren’t always harmless--he’s recently begun chewing his fingertips until they bleed. “It’s nasty. I just can’t stop.”

PETE’S NEW JOB: ON-THE-SCENE REPORTER



Howard asked Gary if there was position for Pete in the back office: “Is there anything he can do?” An opportunity presented itself later in the show: when Howard was ranting about Dr. Laura’s portrait being hung in the Sirius XM lobby, he sent Pete out to make sure it had been--as Howard requested--taken down. Pete grabbed a wireless mic, walked out and found portraits of Cousin Brucie, Martha Stewart, Chris ‘Mad Dog’ Russo, Rosie O’Donnell, Deepak Chopra and Howard--but no Dr. Laura: “It’s not there.” Howard was satisfied: “That’s all I wanted to know.”

HE’S ALSO A BEAGLE SCOUT



As Howard went over Pete’s resume, he noticed Pete claimed to be an Eagle scout: “Do you think they gave him a mercy badge?” Jason looked it up: “They have special ones for people with disabilities.” The special badge was news to Pete: “Is that how it goes? I didn’t know that actually...maybe they took that into account.” Howard laughed: “You’re a Beagle Scout!”

GEORGE CARLIN’S BIG BROTHER

Patrick Carlin, George’s older brother, called in to discuss his recent foray into stand-up (Patrick is 79 years old) and answer charges that he was cribbing his brother’s act: “Listen, man, we were talking that way in 1940.” Patrick said his comedy career was less traditional in another way: “I don’t think of myself as a stand-up comic...I just stand up and talk about stuff.”

Patrick claimed he wasn’t totally new to the comedy world--he supposedly wrote gags for The Chuck Barris Show and DJ’d on some ancient radio station. Howard then asked Patrick to preview his act. The results, as expected, were less than impressive: “I’d go to George’s house and look around for
howardstern.com

No comments:

Howard 100

Win $$$$